Thursday, October 23, 2008

Season Premieres - Part 2

Okay, so premiere season's wrapping up and there's only one left to go, the 30 Rock premiere, but that one's so late that I'm not going to wait for it. I'll just tell you about the rest of them. I will say that I have faith that 30 Rock will be good though, because Tina Fey is brilliant and Alec Baldwin (love him or hate him) is hilarious in that role. I will say though that this show got off to a rocky start with the first 7 episodes being absolutely atrocious. But it redeemed itself.

So onto the other premieres.

ABC:
  • Eli Stone: What a great season premiere. Seriously. I thought the first season was good, some episodes were great but not all. But this season premiere was fantastic with some wonderful twists.
  • Life on Mars: This pilot was decent, but I didn't love it. I really don't know what to say. Has potential, but we'll see.
  • Samantha Who?: A good season premiere for a good show. It wasn't gut-busting, but there were enough laughs.
NBC:
  • My Own Worst Enemy: Based on the pilot alone, I'm going to call this the best new show of the season. I'm not sure where they'll go with it because the pilot was packed with everything imaginable, but it was pretty great.
  • Crusoe: I can't say it was terrible, but it certainly wasn't gripping. It's probably just not my kind of show. I got kind of bored with it kind of quickly.
  • Kath & Kim: Terrible, terrible, terrible. Just terrible. Painfully unfunny. Just terrible. Really terrible. My goodness, this show is terrible.
CBS:
  • The Ex-List: While this show clearly targets women I thought it had a charming premise and had a lot of potential. The problem though, it is not an hour-long show, so to fill the time they cram the show with uncomfortably vulgar subplots that have nothing to do with anything. And because I've never had rampant casual sex, I find this show kind of hard to relate to.
  • Numb3rs: I like this show, but I just can't watch it anymore. It's worn out its welcome and the season premiere didn't do anything to convince me otherwise.
I said in the other post that I've stopped watching The Unit, but I have to tell you that I'm back on it. The strike-shortened third season came through Netflix and it was really good, so I started watching the new season again, and it's fantastic.

So there you have it.

No comments: