Saturday, October 11, 2008

25+ CD's That Were Totally Worth the Price

With iTunes allowing me to buy just the song I like, I don't purchase nearly as many CD's as I used to. This is unfortunate, because I often find that my favorite tracks are ones that never get any radio play. And I'm guessing that because the record companies (and artists) know that I'm probably just going to download the hit single, they don't put a lot of effort into creating a good, full album. So many of the CD's I do buy pretty much end up sucking.

However, over the past few years (I'd say about 5 years or so), I have bought a few CD's that were well worth the money. I'm gonna say that this means at least two-thirds of the tracks were good and they were all at least tolerable.

Here is a list of 25 of those great CD's (in alphabetical order):
  • Aliens & Rainbows (Ferras)
  • All the Lost Souls (James Blunt)
  • The Clarence Greenwood Recordings (Citizen Cope)
  • Coco (Colbie Caillat)
  • Don't Look Away (Kate Voegele)
  • Dreaming Out Loud (One Republic)
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Final Straw (Snow Patrol)
  • Finally Woken (Jem)
  • Flight of the Conchords (Flight of the Conchords)
  • Holly (Justin Nozuka)
  • Hopes and Fears (Keane)
  • How to Save a Life (The Fray)
  • The Invisible Band (Travis)
  • It's Time (Michael Buble)
  • Life in Cartoon Motion (Mika)
  • Little Voice (Sara Bareilles)
  • O (Damien Rice)
  • The Reminder (Feist)
  • Since I Left You (The Avalanches)
  • So Much More (Brett Dennen)
  • Some Mad Hope (Matt Nathanson)
  • These Streets (Paolo Nutini)
  • Wreck of the Day (Anna Nalick)
  • Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! (Hellogoodbye)
And a few movie soundtracks:
  • A Lot Like Love
  • Bandits
  • Garden State
  • The Last Kiss
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • Orange County
  • Serendipity
  • Shall We Dance
  • Sweeney Todd

No comments: